Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
- Melted material is extruded from a heated nozzle.
- Standard materials include PLA, HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene), ABS.
- Specialty materials, such as Nylon, Polycarbonate, flexible plastics, stone or wood simulated plastic, Conductive PLA, Magnetic PLA, Stainless Steel PLA are available. (Note: Not all fabricators are experienced with these materials, and may not include them in their material options.)
- Layer thickness can typically range from .007 to .015.
- Wide variety of color options available.
- Relatively good feature detail, with moderately textured surface off the machine.
- Size range limited. Small to medium.